Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daddy's Girl

It's official. The 12+ months of Emily wanting nothing but mommy has finally ended! For the last week, she has shown a strong preference for daddy and has left me almost completely to my own devices. While I must admit that it sometimes makes me feel a little hurt, for the most part hearing "no!" when I ask her if she wants me to come over with her and daddy to play has been fantastically liberating. My favorite mommy "diss" so far: We were all walking upstairs and she called "mommy" and grabbed my hand. She led me over to her bedroom door and insisted that I open it. I did, thinking she wanted to go in and play with me. She then pushed me inside with her left hand while simultaneously pulling Andrew out of the room with her right hand. She then left with Andrew to play in the office. It was so cute that I couldn't be mad. I have a feeling that I will start to miss her always wanting just me, but until then, I plan to fully enjoy it!