Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 12

This was my last week of maternity leave, and I go back to work tomorrow (hence the early post). I feel like I’m finally getting into a groove. Emily’s schedule has become much more regular, and she eats at about the same times every day, which is nice. This week, she really got back into her rainforest “gym”. She has been mesmerized by the lights and took special interest in the toucan head hanging from one of the bars. It hangs over her right foot, and she stares at it and then tries to lift her leg to bat at it. She’s done this on numerous occasions, and I’m convinced she is doing it on purpose. It’s pretty neat.

I also bought a Bumbo chair (the green chair in the picture) on Craigslist and have been putting her in it a few times a day to help her build up her core muscles for sitting on her own. She does pretty well, and I think it will be even nicer to have once she is a little bigger.
Another new development this week is that she has been looking at herself in the mirror. We will hold her in our arms, facing out, and walk over to the bathroom mirror. She will catch a glimpse of the baby in the mirror and start smiling. It is just adorable. I’ll try to get some video of it to post.

The pictures are on Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91322099@N00/sets/72157619832798128/