Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 14

Major themes this week: drool, highchairs, first laughs, and did I mention drool? I don’t know what is going on these days, but Emily could not be drooling more than she is. I’m amazed that she is not dehydrated considering how much water is coming out of her mouth. We are praying that she is not going to start teething anytime soon, as we are definitely NOT ready for that to begin!

She had her first real laugh a couple of nights ago. After I changed her, I leaned down and blew on her belly button, and she let out a giggle. I did it two or three more times, and she laughed each time. Prior to this, she has smiled, thrown her head back, and opened her mouth as if to laugh, but no sound has ever come out. This was definitely the first time, and both Andrew and I were there to hear it. It was pretty special.

The highchair we ordered was delivered last week and we finally got around to setting it up. She can sit in it well, and she looks so grown up! We thought that she might enjoy sitting in her highchair at our level while we eat, but so far she still seems to prefer to be in her Boppy bouncer on the floor. At any rate, we like the high chair and hope to get a lot of use out of it.

She continues to sleep well in her crib at night and goes right to sleep as soon as we put her in it, which has been wonderful. She plays in her rainforest “gym” every day and it can keep her occupied for quite a while. As you can see from her latest video, she is starting to try to roll over from her back to her stomach. It is fun to watch her try, but hard to see her struggling and getting frustrated. Eventually, we help her over to show her how to do it. So, maybe she will be able to roll on her own soon.

I haven’t finished going through all of the pictures from this week yet, but they are on Flickr at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91322099@N00/sets/72157620688560487/
I’ll be adding more soon.