Monday, January 25, 2010

Emily Crawls & Other Milestones

Here is a video of Emily crawling, so you can see her in action. She's gotten quite good!



I've also realized that I've forgotten to mention a few of the new things that Emily is doing, and since I'm using this blog to keep track of all of her milestones, here is a brief list:
  • She can crawl up stairs. She's been doing this since around Thanksgiving (yeah, I'm a little behind!)
  • She can now stand up all by herself in her crib. She is often standing when we go in to get her after a nap.
  • She now loves to play with her "What's Inside" box. It's a fabric box that has a hole that she can reach through to get to 8 little toys that are inside. We ask her, "What's Inside?", she reaches in and pulls out a toy, we tell her the name of the toy (e.g., lion), she smiles, and we repeat the process.
  • She has started "dancing" to music if we are dancing around too. This started around 1/17.
  • She LOVES to kiss pictures of people's faces, and especially pictures of her face. We walk around the house and she kisses pictures. We also have a book that has a mirror on the last page. She now leans in to kiss her reflection in the mirror every time we get to the last page!