Sunday, January 17, 2010

Emily Makes a Joke?

I'm not sure that's it's possible for an almost 10-month old to make a joke, but I think that Emily did. She was eating her Cheerios this morning and I asked her if she would give mommy one. I leaned forward and opened my mouth. After a few tries, she actually gave me a Cheerio. Fast forward to the afternoon at her next meal. She grabbed a Cheerio in her hand and held it out to me. I leaned forward with my mouth open, and when I got close she pulled her hand back, stuck the Cheerio in her own mouth, and smiled at me. She then repeated this trick many times, getting excited each time she did it and even giggling a bit by the end. I'm pretty sure that she knew exactly what she was doing, and what's more, she thought it was funny!