BREAKTHROUGH! Last night, for the first time, Emily went 8 hours between feedings and slept for over 6 hours straight. Yes, over SIX hours!!! We almost couldn't believe it. Now, I'm sure this doesn't mean it's going to happen every night, but at least we are on the way there. We swaddled her for the first time in a while, so maybe that helped. We'll definitely be swaddling her again tonight! I'll let you know next week whether she was able to muster up some repeat performances.
As you'll see from the pictures this week, Emily has been in quite a good mood. She had several periods of crazy smiling, many of which Andrew managed to capture on film. She is definitely responding to us more now and is awake and alert much more of the time.
I am in love with the baby/kids resale shop that opened recently on Staley Rd, called All Things Kids. Emily has taken a liking to being carried facing forward so she can see the world. So, I wanted to buy a front carrier. At All Things Kids I found a Baby Bjorn carrier, which sells for $80, for only $14.50. If you have kids and haven't checked the store out, definitely do!
I think that's it for this week. The pictures are on Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91322099@N00/sets/72157618013722615/
Happy Birthday Madeleine!
11 years ago
